Truthshare is an arm of The Fostering The Girl Child Initiative-NGO in Nigeria that leverages technology to provide better mental health service to Nigerians.
As a Volunteer Counsellor, you’ll be a vital part of our Family Support Team, working alongside other dedicated professionals to help make a real difference to individuals of all ages, children and families.
It’s an incredible opportunity if you would like to develop (or refresh!) your skills and enhance your counselling knowledge. Support may take place physically or online platform.
A hugely rewarding volunteer role, this is an excellent opportunity for those with a commitment to helping others and looking for professional development.
We’re looking for a personable, enthusiastic and flexible team player, able to work online, independently and demonstrate resilience. Prospective volunteers should have a commitment to personal and professional development, an understanding of the impact of personal losses and bereavements and strong professional boundaries.
- Bsc or Msc in Psychology or related fields (desirable)
- Diploma in Counselling/Psychotherapy (or in training)
- Certification in online counselling (a plus)
- Able to make a time commitment of one day a week (essential)
- Committed to attending line-management/team meetings, training and professional development sessions when necessary (essential)
- Experience working with children and young people (desirable)
Thank you for wishing to volunteer for Truthshare.
After completing the form, a member of the Truthshare Team will be in touch as soon as possible.